1. Bring an ACE, preferably with 2 Royalty cards like a King, Queen or Jack. Bring members of the same family (suits). Better yet, get his brother to help.
2. Anything worth betting on is worth a raise. Aggression is cheap. Passiveness is expensive.
3. Only hits count. There are 2 kinds of hands in poker, made hands like a pair or better and drawing hands – that missed. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. Image. If your image is predictable, you are probably not raising enough.
5. Distance. Move away from your attacker, unless you have the advantage, and then draw him in for the kill.
6. Weapons – Bigger is better.
Like Lions and Tigers and Bears.
7. Everyone has a weakness, find it and exploit it. Never Bluff.
8. Be Aware. If you are not betting, you’re observing or checking stack sizes and labeling opponents.
9. Aggression is relative. The aggression factor will be more dependent on the “pucker” factor than the inherent validity of the hand.
10. Use a Position Tactic that works every time. (All skill is lost if the big stack thinks you are weak)
11. Confidence. If you are unsure, fold. Timidity is dangerous.
12. Always Lie. Conceal your intentions and cultivate an air of unpredictability.
13. Plans. Always have a backup plan because the first one usually fails.
14. Do not give comfort or information to the enemy. The target should be in front of you. Don’t show your hand.
15. Don’t drop your guard. Always challenge to create fear.
16. Who won? That’s the only thing anyone will remember.
17. Given the opportunity to eliminate your opponent,
DO IT. It’s the rule of war.
18. If you are not having fun, QUIT.